The Ballarat Heritage Festival was established in 2007, born form the desire to highlight Ballarat’s rich and diverse history, hosted against the backdrop of the city’s enviable architecture. The festival is a heritage themed event, that unravels the unique stories of our cities past. Delivered in collaboration with the community, the event showcases a wide range of event offerings and experiences that highlight all eras of Ballarat’s diverse history.
In 2024, the festival will be delivered over a 10-day period, commencing mid-May. The festival will remain decentralised, with event programming covering the entire municipality – with a focus on the central business district events delivered by the City of Ballarat.
OPEN CALL OUT
This is an open call-out to businesses, individuals, and community groups in Ballarat to be included in the 2024:
- Profile an existing product/experience/event
- Develop an experience
- Create an event
- Promote an offer
Events, experiences, and products that have been well received in past program include:
- Dining experiences
- Arts & Crafts Workshops
- Talks & Tours
- Storytelling and Shows
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Upload your event/experience to the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse – www.atdw.com.au
– Events MUST upload their event/experience to ATDW by Sunday 10th March 2024
– Please note: if your event is not uploaded to ATDW it will not feature on the Ballarat Heritage Festival website. Information on your ATDW listing is managed by yourself/business, if listings changes are required you can make these at your own desire.
- Online Launch
The Ballarat Heritage Festival full program will launch in late March 2024. For further enquiries regarding this process, you are invited to contact the City of Ballarat Events Team.
The Ballarat Heritage Festival will amplify local businesses, organisations and community groups through a tailored marketing campaign and dedicated website. Inclusion in the Ballarat Heritage Festival program will include the following benefits:
- Event Inclusion on the Ballarat Heritage Festival website via your ATDW listing.
- Access to local, intrastate and interstate audiences through the Heritage Festival
- Platform to launch a new product or experience.
- Broadcast your brand to a wider audience.
- Where appropriate, inclusion on the Ballarat Heritage Festival, Visit Ballarat and City of Ballarat social media channels and e-newsletters.
- Where appropriate, access to campaign marketing materials.
2023 FESTIVAL SNAPSHOT CASE STUDY
- Economic Impact – $2,518,609
- Average nights stayed –2.47
- Total attendance – 30,000 + increase of 18% from 2022 and the biggest attendance the event has seen.
- Visitors (outside of Ballarat) – 12,550
- Visitors (locals) – 21,450